Educate, influence and enable so that best practice is everyday action.
We’re established across Australia as the leading trade association for all those involved in the lifting industry.
LEEA members benefit from:
- Expert technical advice
- Technical audits
- Guidance on meeting safety standards
- Discounted prices for LEEA training courses
- Access to our full range of training delivery and customisation options
- Gain TEAM cards for LEEA qualified employees
- Join our Accredited Training Scheme as a provider
Official industry representation
- Standards organisation
- Government departments
- UK health & safety executive
- Certification bodies
Resources and information
- Full access to the LEEA Library, an extensive collection of essential documents and resources relating to all aspects of the safety, design, manufacture, testing, examination, servicing, certification and supply of lifting equipment
- Regular communications containing the latest technical, legal and safety advice and industry news
- Discounted price for publications
- LEEA consultancy service
- Access to Partnership Services covering employment, Health & Safety, Tax & VAT and commercial legal issues
Promotional and networking opportunities
- Use of the LEEA logo
- Networking opportunities and exclusive events worldwide
- Promotional listing on the LEEA website which had over 79,000 visitors in the last 12 months
- A company going through the application process to become a Member. They will be assigned another category when membership is formally offered. LEEA will work with our provisional members for up to 2 years to help them meet the full membership criteria.
- An organisation engaged for profit in the verification of lifting equipment, and which, in the opinion of the directors is competent and can give an adequate service.
- An organisation engaged for profit in any of the following related to lifting equipment and which in the opinion of the Directors is competent and can give an adequate service.
- A government department, nationalised body, or other organisation approved by the Directors which, in support of its main activity and not directly for profit or by way of trade, is engaged in any of the following activities related to lifting equipment.
Fast track route
Receive an on-site compliance audit within 3 months. This is the fastest way to become a LEEA member.
Application fee $2,000, then pay $1,125 annually
Receive an on-site compliance audit within 12 months. A cheaper but slower option to become a LEEA member.
Application fee $1,000, then pay $1,125 annually
How to become a LEEA member
Decide whether you want to take the standard or fast track route to membership. Complete an initial expression of interest form and we will contact you with details about the application process.
Complete a full application
After paying the application fee, you will be asked to complete a full application online.
Next, we will ask you to submit documents so that we can conduct a pre-audit assessment and prepare for when we visit you to conduct a compliance audit on site.
We will visit your company to carry out a compliance audit and provide feedback with our recommendations.
Following a compliance audit, we will decide what category of membership is suitable and make a membership offer.
Become a member
You will receive a membership certificate and be able to access all member benefits.
Your membership subscription renews annually and there will be ongoing audits throughout your membership.